Five Boroughs Brewing Co. – Marketing Director
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. is a craft brewery located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The Five Boroughs team’s mission is to brew beer for all New Yorkers and its goal is to build New York City’s quintessential brewery.
Founded in 2017, Five Boroughs Brewing Co. makes all of its beer on-site in a 15,000 square foot facility, brewing an array of styles that are obsessively high-quality and always accessible. The space is also home to a family and pet-friendly taproom open Thursday to Sunday, where visitors can sample core and seasonal offerings and take cans to-go. Five Boroughs currently distributes its beers across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Five Boroughs encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
We are looking for a talented Marketing Director to join our small but mighty team! The chosen candidate will help develop and manage the overall brand and marketing strategy, while also helping expand and strengthen our social media presence. This position will be based out of the office at our Sunset Park brewery and the individual will be part of the leadership team.
What you’ll be doing:
A lot! This is an all-encompassing marketing role that will require you to do a little bit of everything each day. Here are a few key roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and manage — in conjunction with the leadership team — overall brand strategy.
- Write the annual Five Boroughs Brewing Co. Marketing Plan, a comprehensive, three-state plan of attack laying out strategies, timelines, and clear objectives for all marketing channels – social media, newsletters, paid media & influencer outreach, external partnerships, events, merchandise, etc.
- Ensure relevant portions of marketing plan are aligned with overall sales strategy.
- Development of comprehensive marketing/branding toolkit for educating sales team, distributors, and members of the taproom team to ensure cohesive and consistent marketing efforts across all channels and outlets.
- Prepare marketing budget and liaise with respective individuals on the leadership team to secure approvals.
- Ability to manage and work with agency partners to execute brand strategy.
- Manage social media accounts – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Google Business, Yelp, Untappd, BeerMenus, etc.
- Create all content for social media, co-lead photography & videography efforts.
- Lead the 16oz can art design process in collaboration with freelancers.
- Oversee newsletter strategy; lead planning process and write newsletters (External, Sales, Internal).
- Manage design process and approve all orders for our merchandise and swag program.
- Manage cross-platform paid media campaigns.
- Manage blog and website.
- Lead external partnership program. Identify opportunities for collaborations with high-visibility, mission-aligned organizations.
- Vet all press/media requests and approve all PR communications prior to public release. Write and edit press releases, as needed.
- Working with our distribution partners and our sales team, you will manage the creation of all POS materials. Think posters for bodegas, stickers for grocery store fridges, or tap handles for bars.
- We’re excited to — finally! — host parties again. You will help create the promotional assets and day-of collateral.
- 21+ years of age.
- 3-5+ years of professional marketing experience is preferred, even better if in the consumer packaged goods/food and beverage space.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Social media savviness. Experience managing a brand’s page is preferred, but not necessary. We’re looking for someone with solid online instincts above all else.
- Photography chops. We’re looking for someone that could use a camera or an iPhone to take Instagram-ready shots on day one.
- Ability to work independently and confidently make decisions.
- Organizational skills — you will be working on lots of projects simultaneously.
- Collaborative spirit with a hands-on attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Enthusiastic and positive spirit. We are big fans of good energy!
- A demonstrated interest in craft beer – you will be immersed in it!
- Bonus skills: web design/development, proficiency in Spanish or Chinese, copywriting.
- Five Boroughs Brewing Co. prides itself on offering a robust benefits package including health, dental, and vision plans in addition to a 401k plan.
Visual, hearing, dexterity, and mental demand:
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a computer, communicating with colleagues, etc.
- The duties and responsibilities of this role are generally performed in a small office within a taproom/brewery environment.
If interested, please email your resume and a brief cover letter in a single PDF to [email protected].