– Two-Day Outdoor Fan Experience Presented by U.S. Bank to Be Held at McCormick Place in Chicago as Part of WNBA All-Star Festivities –
– Weekend to feature MTN DEW 3-Point Contest and WNBA Skills Challenge –
NEW YORK, June 29, 2022 – WNBA Live presented by U.S. Bank, a new two-day outdoor fan festival, will tip off at Chicago’s McCormick Place (Corner of E Cermak Rd and S Indiana Ave) on Saturday, July 9, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT, and then on Sunday, July 10 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT as part of AT&T WNBA All-Star 2022. The festival is open to the public and will celebrate the WNBA and bring fans together leading up to the AT&T WNBA All-Star Game at Wintrust Arena on Sunday, July 10 at 12 p.m. CT.
WNBA Live presented by U.S. Bank will bring together basketball, music, and culture starting on Saturday, July 9, when fans will have an opportunity to interact with WNBA players and WNBA legends, obtain exclusive WNBA merchandise, and participate in on-court events on THE DEW ZONE™ Court outside McCormick Place. On Saturday afternoon at 2 pm CT, fans at WNBA Live presented by U.S. Bank can watch the 2022 MTN DEW 3-Point Contest and WNBA Skills Challenge live on a big screen from the festival grounds. The 2022 MTN Dew 3-PT Contest and WNBA Skills Challenge will take place indoors at McCormick Place for a special audience of participants in the Girls Nike Nationals.
Fans will not want to miss the opportunity for a WNBA Championship Trophy photo moment or a chance to sink their own MTN DEW 3-Point Contest shot. Entry to the WNBA Live is free and there will be food and beverages available on site. WNBA Live presented by U.S. Bank will also showcase local minority and women small business owners with the unveil of the WNBA’s “Small Business Wall.” The “Small Business Wall” will encourage fans attending WNBA Live to check out featured local businesses by accessing a QR code.
Listed below is the full event schedule for AT&T WNBA All-Star 2022:
Friday, July 8
- Her Time to Play Clinic (Practice Court inside of McCormick Place, Gate 40, S Indiana Ave, 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. CT) – Her Time to Play and AT&T will host an event that gives girls an opportunity to engage through the game of basketball. Girls from local youth community groups in the Windy City will be able to participate in an on-court clinic centered around the fundamentals of the game. As part of the program, WNBA players will share their experiences regarding the obstacles girls and women face in sports and society.
*Closed to the public. Open to Media.
- Orange Carpet – Tune in to the WNBA social media accounts on Friday evening for scenes from the WNBA Orange Carpet, where WNBA All-Stars, renowned for their style on the court, will bring their stylish fits.
Saturday, July 9 at WNBA Live Presented by U.S. Bank
- WNBA Live Presented by U.S. Bank (Corner of E Cermak Rd and S Indiana Ave, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. CT) – This event is free and open to the public; however, registration is required at the following LINK. Registration will also be available on site.
- Chicago Sky Welcome – WNBA Live presented by U.S. Bank tips off with an official welcome from players of the Chicago Sky.
- Chicago Sky Meet & Greet – Presented by WNBA Changemaker Deloitte, fans will be able to meet and greet two Sky players.
- Discussion on Title IX– Presented by WNBA Changemaker Google, a proud advocate of women in sports, fans will have the opportunity of learning more about the importance of Title IX, gender equity and the future of women’s sports in a panel moderated by WNBA legend Taj McWilliams-Franklin. The discussion will feature legends of the WNBA, New York Liberty’s Betnijah Laney and the Minnesota Lynx’s Napheesa Collier.
- THE DEW ZONE Court– WNBA and NBA players will go head-to-head for bragging rights in WNBA trivia, 3-Point contests and other games, presented by MTN DEW. Fans will also have the opportunity to take photos and obtain autographs.
- MTN DEW Style Lounge – Fans will have a chance to view WNBA All-Star A’ja Wilson’s gameday looks from her personal fashion collection, and additionally participate in games to win custom merchandise, take photos at a branded photo booth and sample MTN DEW products.
- S. Bank Youth Basketball Clinic (THE DEW ZONE Court) – The WNBA and U.S. Bank will host a community-wide free youth basketball clinic focused on teaching the fundamentals of basketball while having fun.
For more information and for timing updates for WNBA Live Presented by U.S. Bank, refer to the events LINK.
OTHER ALL-STAR WEEKEND EVENTS:
Saturday, July 9
- NBA/WNBA STEM Learning Experience in partnership with Microsoft (CSO Multiplex Hyde Park, 1301 E 47th St., 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. CT) – The Jr. NBA/WNBA is partnering with Microsoft and 4th Family to host a STEM learning experience where youth from local Chicago schools will participate in basketball drills while utilizing tools and techniques used by sport-scientists to analyze their athletic performance with the help of Microsoft Surface devices.
*Closed to the general public. Open to Media.
- AT&T WNBA All-Star Team Practices (Practice Court inside of McCormick Place, Gate 40, S Indiana Ave, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. CT) – The AT&T WNBA All-Star teams – Team Wilson and Team Stewart – will each conduct a practice session on a specially constructed WNBA court inside McCormick Place. Team Wilson will practice from 11 a.m. until Noon CT. Team Stewart will practice from noon until 1 p.m. CT.
*Open to Media. All-Star practice will take place indoors at McCormick Place for a special audience of participants in the Girls Nike Nationals.
- 2022 MTN DEW 3-Point Contest and WNBA Skills Challenge (Nike Nationals at McCormick Place, Gate 40, S Indiana Ave., 2 p.m. CT) – The WNBA’s brightest stars will compete against each other in the 2022 MTN DEW 3-Point Contest and WNBA Skills Challenge, with both events requiring the perfect combination of speed, accuracy and technique. This event will be taking place inside McCormick Place in front of a special group of participants from the Nike Tournament of Champions and Nike Girls Nationals, but a special viewing party hosted by DJ Shale will be available outside within the WNBA Live site.
Sunday, July 10th
- WNBA Live Presented by U.S. Bank (Corner of E Cermak Rd and S Indiana Ave, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT) – Similar to Saturday, this event is free and open to the public, however registration is required at the following LINK. Registration will also be available on site.
- AT&T WNBA All-Star Game 2022 viewing party with DJ Megan Taylor (12 p.m. CT) – Fans not attending the game have the opportunity to attend the AT&T WNBA All-Star Game 2022 watch party hosted by DJ Megan Taylor outdoors within the WNBA Live site.
- Post-Game Celebrations – Join WNBA All-Stars and music by Chicago’s own Senite as WNBA All-Star festivities come to a close after the conclusion of the All-Star game Sunday afternoon.
All times listed above are subject to change. For more information and timing updates for WNBA Live Presented by U.S. Bank, refer to the events LINK.
- AT&T WNBA All-Star Game 2022 (Wintrust Arena, 200 E Cermak Rd., 12 p.m. CT) – Headlining this basketball packed weekend is the 2022 AT&T WNBA All-Star Game, featuring the most talented WNBA players across the league. The game will be broadcast live on ABC beginning at 12 p.m. CT (1 p.m. ET) from Wintrust Arena, home of the reigning WNBA champions, the Chicago Sky.
Additional Partner Activations Taking Place During WNBA Live Presented by U.S. Bank:
- American Express is making WNBA fans’ on-site experience better by providing all American Express Card Members with a discount at WNBA retail locations throughout the weekend, and to all fans during a specific time period on both days of WNBA Live. Terms apply. Get all details at https://www.wnba.com/ticket-terms-of-conditions/
- AT&T will be the title partner of the AT&T Stage which will be host a variety of activities throughout the two days. Additionally, AT&T is bringing its FanCam experience to WNBA Live where fans will have the opportunity to capture their WNBA All-Star ‘fit in front of a dynamic, immersive installation. Fans will also be able to take part in a unique digital experience of custom-designed AR apparel that fans can access via QR code on Snapchat.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods is launching an interactive experience, which will include head-to-head arcade basketball challenges and photo experiences for fans.
- New Era is bringing its New Era hat wall display to WNBA Live presented by U.S. Bank, with the display featuring hats from every WNBA team.
- Wilson is hosting a custom retail space for fans to purchase WNBA Wilson basketballs.
The event is being brought to life through a collaboration with media and events company Emerald X who have led the event design and production, entertainment, and operations by working with the league and its partners.
About U.S. Bank
U.S. Bancorp, with approximately 70,000 employees and $587 billion in assets as of March 31, 2022, is the parent company of U.S. Bank National Association. The Minneapolis-based company serves millions of customers locally, nationally, and globally through a diversified mix of businesses: Consumer and Business Banking; Payment Services; Corporate & Commercial Banking; and Wealth Management, and Investment Services. The company has been recognized for its approach to digital innovation, social responsibility, and customer service, including being named one of the 2022 World’s Most Ethical Companies and Fortune’s most admired superregional bank. Learn more at usbank.com/about.
Last March, the WNBA announced that U.S. Bank would become a WNBA Changemaker through a new multiyear relationship with the league. WNBA Changemakers is a collective of purpose-driven companies that harness their power to elevate women in sports and support the league’s mission around advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. As a supporter of the league, U.S. Bank serves as the Official Bank of the WNBA.
As an official WNBA Changemaker, U.S. Bank will provide players and alumni access to financial resources and will create programs to increase financial education across the country. A cornerstone of the relationship will be the creation of a new league-wide financial wellness program, where U.S. Bank will implement benefits and resources that include access to advisors for all WNBA players so they can create a game plan for their financial futures.
The WNBA, which tipped off its 26th season on May 6, 2022, is a bold, progressive basketball league that stands for the power of women. Comprised of 12 teams, the W is a unique sports property that combines competition and entertainment with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and social responsibility. Through its world-class athletes, the in-game fan experience, TV and digital broadcasts, digital and social content, and community outreach programs, the league celebrates and elevates the game and culture of basketball.
In 2020, the WNBA and the Women’s National Basketball Players Association (WNBPA) signed a groundbreaking eight-year CBA that charts a new course for women’s basketball – and women’s sports overall – with a focus on increased player compensation, improvements to the player experience, expanded career development opportunities, and resources specifically tailored to the female professional athlete. Key elements of the agreement are supported through the league’s partnership platform, WNBA Changemakers, AT&T, the WNBA’s Marquee Partner and inaugural Changemaker, as well as fellow inaugural Changemakers Deloitte and NIKE, Inc. and subsequent additions Google and U.S. Bank. During the 2020 season, the WNBA and WNBPA launched the WNBA Justice Movement forming the Social Justice Council with the mission of being a driving force of necessary change and continuing conversations about race and voting rights, among other important societal issues.
# # #